Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pirates??

Someone posted in a group of mine that today is national 'Talk like a pirate day'! I thought it was funny!
Here's the link...
http://talklikeapirate.com/
And they even have a translater! LMAO
http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/translate/index.php

Too funny.
I love pirates. Pirates are HOT. At least they are in romance novels. In reality they were probably smelly and gross. Barbaric too I bet. "Com'er and let me swash yer bucket lassie..." LOL

My kids are so cute. Caleb (my youngest) sleeps with me at night since daddy's always gone, and he's always right up next to me! I have a king size bed mind you...and I only get about 2 feet every night because he's practically on top of me. No matter how many times I wake up (about to fall off the bed...) and move him over, he's always right there! lol
My daughters teacher is flunking her in math. That's weird for two reasons...one, she's great in math (she's smart in general though) and two, she was absent for 9 days striate with chickenpox and then the flu! lol Poor baby was SO sick. Anyway, her teacher sends me a note talking about she's failing because she didn't turn in her work. I was like...well DUH! SHE WASN'T THERE! And she sent home this HUGE packet of make-up work which she's working on little by little every day (from when she gets home until dinner! Like 3 hours!!) SO I'm thinking, no big deal, she'll be able to make it up when she turns in the work right?? I'm not so sure! So now I'm thinking, why should I make her do all this work (and I mean a LOT) if she's not going to get credit for it!? SO I sent her a note telling her all this, so we'll see what she comes back with. I'm interested to see lol. The other thing is that they said her absence is unexcused. I'm like 'what!?" She had the freakin chicken pox!!! THEN she had the flu! Like I can control that! lol They want a doctors note...which w2ould be fine...IF WE HAD INSURANCE AND ACTUALLY TOOK HER THERE...but we don't and we didn't, so we have no note. But the worst part is this...in Oklahoma, when you kid is absent more than 4 days out of a 4 week period and it's NOT excused...they turn you into the DA. I was like WTF!? My kid is sick and now I'm going to get in trouble because I couldn't afford to take her to the doctors!? What kind of crap is that!? I can understand that for older kids that skip school, but for a 3rd grader who was sick!? I'm definately going to have someone's head if this goes that far.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Okay, what happened with the kid? Is she going to jail or what?

And I think pirates are hot too!

Please come post something on the other blog so that Avery Gray feels more loved.